Fly fishing forms an important part in UK’s history where it is considered to be a gentleman’s sport. It’s where the amount of patience you have is and must be equally important to the amount of fishing skills you have. Little is known about the origins of this form of fishing until Dame Juliana Berners, a prioress of Sopwell nunnery wrote about in 1496 in her book The Treatyse on Fysshynge with an Angle. It continued to develop since then with the appearance of fly fishing organizations, books on the topic. This form of fishing is done by casting a nearly weightless lure that requires a special casting technique and of course special fly fishing tackle. Daiwa is the world’s leading producer and innovator of fishing tackle and started production in 1955. Daiwa places great emphasis on quality and innovation that’s why they produce the best high quality fishing tackle. Let me introduce you to one of Daiwa’s very own innovative fishing tackle, the New Era Fly Fishing Reel. Here’s some information on the New Era Fly Reel.
Key Features of Daiwa’s New Era Reel
The New Era Fly Fishing Reel is another first from Daiwa as it is the only aluminium fly reel that has an interchangeable cartridge. Each of its reels are machined from aircraft-grade aluminium which means that it offers the best, most durable and strongest type of aluminium there is. This tackle has a low glare colour anodized for a great finish and is completely reversible. This means that you can easily change your line even without the help of tools. All you have to do is to undo a self-retaining spool cap then the spool can be removed easily. It also sports a disk drag system which is powered by carbon washers that give it powerful line release.
More About Daiwa’s New Era Reel
Daiwa’s New Era Fishing Reel comes in 4 models:
- NLACS56 which weighs 6.5ozs with a line capacity of WF6 + 100yds/20lbs
- NLACS78 which weighs 7.0ozs with a line capacity of WF8 + 150yds/20lbs
- NLACS89 which weighs 9.9ozs with a line capacity of WF9 + 200yds/20lbs and
- NLACS1011 which weighs 11.6ozs with a line capacity of WF11 + 225yds/30lbs.
This fishing tackle is also available in Reel Only models meaning they are supplied with one cartridge:
- NLACS34RO which weighs 6.1ozs with a line capacity of WF4 + 60yds/20lbs
- NLACS56RO weighs 6.5ozs with a line capacity of WF6 + 100yds/20lbs
- NLACS78RO weighs 7.0ozs with a line capacity of WF8 + 150yds/20lbs
- NLACS89RO weighs 9.9ozs with a line capacity of WF9+ 200yds/20lbs and
- NLACS1011RO weighs 11.6ozs with a line capacity of WF11 + 225yds/30lbs.
Final Thoughts on Daiwa’s New Era Reel
The New Era Fly Fishing Reel has been tested and found to suit all fly fishing situations. It is the ultimate fly fishing tackle in existence today. So don’t take our word for it. Try it for yourself!