Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Firearm and Gun Forums Firearm and Gun Forums Firearms 1963 Egyptian “Hakim” Rifle

• 1963 Egyptian “Hakim” Rifle

Maverick updated 10 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Maverick

December 18, 2019 at 12:27 am

1963 Egyptian “Hakim” Rifle

• the-flying-lunch-box

My new to me Egyptian Hakim rifle I recently acquired in a trade. Always had my eye on one along with its old brother the Ag M/42. Was pleasantly surprised by both its accuracy and very low felt recoil. It also has a surprisingly light trigger making it more enjoyable to shoot than my Garand.

• CptKherov

What grain 8mm were you using when you took it out? The reason I ask is because in the IV8888 Hakim video he states that the rifle, along with the Egyptian FN49 were designed to fire 150gr 7.92mm. Commercially I can’t seem to locate any nearly that low, more like 190gr. IIRC the rifle wasn’t as accurate as they thought, and asserted it was because of the difference in bullet weight.

Anyway, TLDR: If you fired 190+gr 7.92mm and had decent accuracy, let me know. It would make me feel better to use it in mine. Thanks.

• moktor

Very nice! I picked one up a while back but have yet to fire it. Also rounded out the collection with its older brother Ljungman and younger brother Rasheed.

• hyintensity

Looks VZ58’ish

• Mas7erD3bator

Nice. I bought one a couple years ago. Just needs some work on the extractor. These are based on the Swiss Ljunmann designs, I believe. Some of the first DI guns to come about.

Reply to: Maverick
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now