Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Firearm and Gun Forums Firearm and Gun Forums Ammunition Reloading 5.56/223 heavier load insight

• 5.56/223 heavier load insight

Steven updated 10 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Steven

December 17, 2019 at 12:34 am

First off I’m not new to reloading and I have a few rifles oriented for precision. What I’m talking about below is just for fun. As I have never bothered to hand load 556 before.

I wish to garner some insight into loading for my ACR and piston ar15. There both 14.5 barrels and most of the time I shoot them within 200 yards. There are a few occasions I shoot them to 500~.

For those few occasions I want to develop a good load, was wondering what everyone else likes to mess with and preferred powders?

I don’t have my mind made up for bullets or powders yet. So swag me ladies and gents

• Maraudinggopher77

The 75gr Hornady HPBT or the 77gr Sierra Matchking are two of the most popular projectiles. Either of those should produce pretty good results when being pushed by Varget. I’d probably try the Hornady first, they’re usually a bit cheaper.

• JeeBone

I use 75gr Hornady in front of ar-comp, 8208 or 2460 if I feel like using ball powder. All of them shoot really good but I usually stick to ar-comp.

Reply to: Steven
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now