Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Firearms Rifles 9mm encap wear in first 100 rounds. Concentricity issue based on not cranking down on barrel hard enough? Cgs mod 9 on Arex Zero 1 TC and Canik combat elite.

• 9mm encap wear in first 100 rounds. Concentricity issue based on not cranking down on barrel hard enough? Cgs mod 9 on Arex Zero 1 TC and Canik combat elite.

Maverick updated 1 month, 1 week ago 2 Members · 8 Posts
  • Maverick

September 16, 2021 at 3:44 am

9mm encap wear in first 100 rounds. Concentricity issue based on not cranking down on barrel hard enough? Cgs mod 9 on Arex Zero 1 TC and Canik combat elite.

• ridenrun07

Would concentricity issues adversely affect accuracy?

• Ample_Arms

Maybe loose, maybe not. No real worries there. Normal grazing.

• pacoramirez101

It’s either a graze or it’s just the deposit from the notch in the last baffle. Make sure the piston and rear cap o-ring are lubricated and make sure the silencer is staying tight on the end of your gun.

• 3atpuppy

factory threaded barrels on the caniks don’t have a good shoulder for the can to index on. they come with a stepped barrel which would need some kind of spacer to index properly. the salient barrels have the step too, even though they updated the barrel thread from metric to 1/2×28.

personally, I won’t run a can on my combat elite due to the inconsistent indexing and inconsistent torque on the can itself from the stepped barrel.

• ToasterShine

I assume I would know if I had a baffle strike? Nothing noticeable in function at range, but noticed this afterwards…

• KindheartednessFar84

Eliminate the possibility of concentricity problems. https://www.griffinarmament.com/suppressor-alignment-check-rod/

• Illahie_sixfour

Not sure what youre worried about OP. I mean no disrespect, what is your concern? I dont see any material removed from the endcap.

Edit: I do see some scratches on the inner edges…is that what you see?

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now