Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Firearm and Gun Forums Firearm and Gun Forums Firearms A lot of people feel the sentiment about gun ownership, “from my cold dead hands” and “muh 1776” is just talk from larpers and crazies. But what if its not so simple?

• A lot of people feel the sentiment about gun ownership, “from my cold dead hands” and “muh 1776” is just talk from larpers and crazies. But what if its not so simple?

Trent updated 10 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Trent

December 17, 2019 at 4:18 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okg2LH6XKzY

Gladwell discusses the issue of past, present, and future, and american students draw them as three separate circles. Korean students draw them as overlapping circles. His supposition is that perhaps they view the nature of events differently, and for american students, each timeframe is a separate location, whereas for korean students, the korean war was something that “just happened yesterday”.

I think hes pointing in the right direction with his thoughts, because he’s talking about the individualistic “tear down the old, its worthless, build the new” of a large section of the american mindset, vs the traditional “Im not just me, old people/old things matter and have value, and I represent the continuation” mindset of more collectivistic cultures like Korea, China, etc.

So what if the feeling of “1776 pt. 2” or “boogaloo” that people state isn’t “gun owners showing how psycho they are because they’d kill over something that was written 200 years ago”, but its a form of people with personalities and subcultures that are more collectivist. Such people may feel as if the last 200 years happened “just yesterday”, similar to Gladwell’s hypothesis on Korean mindset.

The only other alternative would be to adopt a leftist mindset and look on such gun owners as a fifth column of sorts, radicals similar ISIS becoming more radical and adhering to fundamentalist values and eventually spilling into violence and terrorism.

• MajorBeefCurtains

December 17, 2019 at 4:18 am

>American students draw them as three separate circles

You can thank 60 years of cultural Marxism for that. The diefication of individualism, instant gratification and a self-important worldview, coupled with the demonization of identity, family and service.

Reply to: Trent
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now