Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Firearm and Gun Forums Firearm and Gun Forums Ammunition Ammo Review of Independence 5.56mm / .223 Remington

• Ammo Review of Independence 5.56mm / .223 Remington

JRthe3 updated 11 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • JRthe3

December 15, 2019 at 3:07 am

• mike lang

i have seen all the complaints about this ammo, i just bought a case and the boxes look different now. They say "3165 fps" on the side of the box and this batch is from 2017 lot 187 (cases have 17 stamped below the primers). any one tested the new stuff yet? I wont be able to get to the range for a couple weeks at least

• Michael Wheatley

Thanks for the video bro.

• PHOENIX ARIZONA

bought 500 rounds of this stuff and the primers blowout actually blew out a hole on the end of the cartridge. I don't know if it's because it happened during summer time the temperature for hot out over here in Phoenix Arizona? I don't know but been having bad experiences with this ammo does not seem safe.

• M. Polen

Iv ran federal and this crap called Midwest through my SBR with the result of failure to feed failure Eject crap like that…but this ammunition is pretty flawless in my SBR

• mike corrado

I bought 500 RDS of this and out of the first 30rds I had two failures to eject that were caused due to the primers being blown out of the casing o the inside jamming in my bolt carrier…. I wouldn't be cheap with ammo… be cheap where it don't matter like on your targets or don't get married.! lol ha!

• 1rickp

I don't mean to be an ass but what you call dirty brass or discoloring is annealing and it's something you WANT on your brass. It helps with consistency and strengthens the brass. If you're going to review stuff and try to inform the public you should be a little more educated on what you're reviewing.

• Zil Padhiar

This video really helped me out thank you so much…

• bubbacrabb

Annealing is good. Just helps strengthen the brass. Independence is federal. They make good ammo, and that brass is good for handloaders. I wish I was finding it at 5 a box, I'd give my Dillon a break. Speaking of since you're in az, Dillon is in Scottsdale if you ever get interested in handloading. I loved going over there. Great people, lots of info

• Somwrt Lftur

My SU-16C absolutely loves this 5.56 Independence. It's very accurate and shoots real clean.

• Ryan H.

The "brown air" you see on the brass is from the annealing process. Perfectly normal for military surplus ammo.

Reply to: JRthe3
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now