Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Firearm and Gun Forums Firearm and Gun Forums Firearms Browning 1911-380 durability

• Browning 1911-380 durability

Maverick updated 11 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Maverick

December 13, 2019 at 8:22 am

Cross posted @ -1911

I recently picked up a Black Label 1911-380. One thing I noticed was how thin the barrel was!

To those who’ve owned one for a while, how has it held up to shooting? For the price, I’d be really pissed if it doesn’t hold up

• PwnApe

I’ve got the Pro Rail model and it’s held up fine. Whenever I take people shooting literally every time different shooters always say the 1911-380 feels really good and is their favorite. You can probably buy a new barrel for a decent price if you’re worried.

On mine 2 of the 4 grip screws didn’t reach far enough to get bite on the frame so the grips would move a little and the screws would just spin. I used an allen wrench to grind a little bit of space for the head of the screw and then I ground the grips backside down on sandpaper to slightly thin out the grips. After this all 4 grip screws tighten and sit flush.

• aPurpleLiger

I couldn’t get through a magazine without something going wrong, got it fixed by browning and then a new problem showed up that kept it from working properly. Probably more of a quality control issue than a durability issue but I also bought it 4 years ago so hopefully that’s improved.

• _Cybernaut_

I wouldn’t worry about it. Take a look at the barrels on some of the ultralightweight pocket pistols out there (LCP/II, TCP, etc.) and the barrels are also crazy thin. The .380 ACP is a pretty low-pressure cartridge, remember.

• JetPax_Kiaser

Don’t own one but I work at a range that rents one. It’s a solid gun. If you keep it clean you should never have an issue out of it.

• rafri

Okay, so what is the issue?

Reply to: Maverick
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now