Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Firearm and Gun Forums Firearm and Gun Forums Firearms Shotguns First day out with my first gun. Hitting on target at 100 yards with slugs. Not super accurate though. I’d never shot anything larger than a 9mm handgun before today. I think I have a new addiction.

• First day out with my first gun. Hitting on target at 100 yards with slugs. Not super accurate though. I’d never shot anything larger than a 9mm handgun before today. I think I have a new addiction.

Tony updated 10 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Tony

December 17, 2019 at 3:25 am

First day out with my first gun. Hitting on target at 100 yards with slugs. Not super accurate though. I’d never shot anything larger than a 9mm handgun before today. I think I have a new addiction.

• gatsRus

Shooting clays is my favorite thing in all of guns

• berest

How do you like the bottom ejection?

• drevj12

It’s an Ithaca Model 37. I believe it’s a 1963. I say that I believe because it doesn’t have a serial number on the side anywhere like online photos do, but it does have 657667 etched on the front of the receiver. Which if that is the serial number, Ithaca’s website dates it as a 1963. If anybody could help me out or confirm that I’m right I would appreciate it.

• josefofkentucky

Just recently delved into the world of shotguns myself. They’re fun as hell.

• boredsorcerer

In terms of shooting a target with slugs – *most* shotguns will not be terribly accurate (based on r/smallgroups standards) by default. When I shoot slugs from my shotgun I normally just have a goal of hitting a “deer sized target”. I don’t use it that way very often though unless I plan to be hunting in a state where I have to use a shotgun for hunting.

The great thing about shotguns is that they’re incredibly versatile. Enjoy!

• lcxctf2000

Are you regularly transporting it like that in the gun case with the barrel removed and in that position?

If your case is to short to transport with barrel installed, you prob have it in a rifle soft case.

Hate to see such a good condition classic get banged up!

• rick42_98

Sweet!

• Matw58

Sweet 37!! Can’t beat old school cool. I want to build mine into a replica trench gun

• solid07

Hitting stationary targets is boring. Try trap and skeet.

Reply to: Tony
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now