Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Firearm and Gun Forums Firearm and Gun Forums Fishing Kayak Fishing Looking for tips and tricks. This past Black Friday, I purchased my first Yak. The store advertised the Sundolphin Journey 10 SS for $150. I figured that would be a great starter for me. When I got there l, they also had 12’ Ones for the same price. I’m asking for ideas for my new Yak. Thanks

• Looking for tips and tricks. This past Black Friday, I purchased my first Yak. The store advertised the Sundolphin Journey 10 SS for $150. I figured that would be a great starter for me. When I got there l, they also had 12’ Ones for the same price. I’m asking for ideas for my new Yak. Thanks

FishMaster updated 10 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • FishMaster

December 16, 2019 at 11:25 pm

Looking for tips and tricks. This past Black Friday, I purchased my first Yak. The store advertised the Sundolphin Journey 10 SS for $150. I figured that would be a great starter for me. When I got there l, they also had 12’ Ones for the same price. I’m asking for ideas for my new Yak. Thanks

• deadly_wobbygong

December 16, 2019 at 11:26 pm

I had my first paddle in a 2nd hand kayak yesterday. Go for a paddle a few times before buying any deck fittings and drilling any holes.

• ginger_ninja416

Get an anchor trolley for those windy days or if you’re ever fishing in a current. Not only will it keep you stationary but it allows you to point the kayak where you want to. No more akward angle casting. There are many inexpensive options online. If you’re handy at all you can also just make in yourself with basic parts from any hardware store. A caddy is another useful thing to have to get into those tucked away fishing spots.

• DoctorCAD

Spend some money on a good carbon fiber paddle. A few ounces may not seem like a lot, but after 10,000 strokes in a day, those ounces add up.

• somethingamazing27

Get a set of wheels carrying the kayak and the gear can be challenging but if u have a set of wheels u just put everything on top and drag the kayak where ever u need to go

• smurphaustin

What store was this and is the sale over?

• matwick

This is an amazing deal – where did you find this?

• plaidmtnofrage

Grats! Invest in a quality PFD and upgrade your paddle and you’re set.

• stliceman

Get a cushion for your back. Those seats suck. But hey, the price was great and you’re gonna have a blast! Congrats, OP.

Reply to: FishMaster
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now