Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Firearms My dad’s Smith & Wesson Model 1880-84 on 38 S&W. He wants to find some info and maybe some prices on it, he doesn’t want to put it in a pawn shop, any help?

• My dad’s Smith & Wesson Model 1880-84 on 38 S&W. He wants to find some info and maybe some prices on it, he doesn’t want to put it in a pawn shop, any help?

ashley308 updated 1 month ago 2 Members · 5 Posts
  • ashley308

September 15, 2021 at 4:40 pm

My dad’s Smith & Wesson Model 1880-84 on 38 S&W. He wants to find some info and maybe some prices on it, he doesn’t want to put it in a pawn shop, any help?

• rgm23

Look at gunbroker completed auctions. Bigger auction houses like RIA might have comparable listings

• mcweaponry

The trigger guard was added after the fact. Unfortunately that is going to significantly hurt any collector value that it had.

It’s a shame because it looks like it was a reasonably nice piece.

The engraving appears to be spanish in origin. I’m guessing this is a copy and not a s&w.

• CAD007

Possibly a .38 Double Action, third model circa 1880’s. If that is a factory engraved gun, it is worth some decent money. You can get a smith and wesson factory letter from the smith and wesson historical association for $100. If you decide to sell it, go through a reputable auction house, like RIA.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_%26_Wesson_Model_2

• Username7239

Don’t sell this one. You can own this without a license in any state, with any background. Just a heads up if one of your concerns ever becomes legality.

As of right now the market is too fucked to sell this and get a great price. Hang onto this baby

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now