I am a new shooter. I recently purchased an M&P Shield EZ 380 ACP and went to the range for the first time the other day. I bought the recommended ammo at the range and had a pretty good time. For background, this is my first gun and I chose the 380 over 9mm because i have a disability which causes a slight balance issue and I thought the recoil might throw me off balance. Turns out, I don’t seem to be phased at all with the 380. I have a couple of newbie questions I hope you can help with;
1. The range sold me Aguila 90gr FMJ rounds. What is a good, recommended brand for the range?
2. Conversely, what should I get for personal protection rounds?
3. I was told that by the instructor that he thought I could handle 9mm rounds, so I thought I might look into getting one. Should I get a full sized 9mm or get a compact 9mm for EDC to replace the 380? Any recommendations?
4. What are some good 9mm rounds for both range and defense?
5. Where do you guys usually get ammo at a good price?
As for budget for the 9mm, sub 700 would be nice, but the budget isn’t as much of a concern.
Thanks for the help!