Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Firearm and Gun Forums Firearm and Gun Forums Firearms Rifles Optic recommendations for 308/6.5 Creedmoor

• Optic recommendations for 308/6.5 Creedmoor

Steven updated 2 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Steven

July 7, 2020 at 10:42 pm

Came here to get optic advice for a new rifle I picked up. I bought a LMT Mlkmws currently with a 13.5 308 but also planning to buy a 6.5 creedmor barrel to switch out when needed. What would be the best optic under $2,200? I’m clueless to long range optics so I would like something that works well both barrel lengths. All I currently have looked at is an eotech voodoo 5×25 but don’t know how well that compares to other options in my price range

• CumDutchess

What is the main purpose of the rifle? Will the optic need to work with the short 308 barrel as well as the 6.5 Creedmoor barrel? One optic won’t work perfect for both of these cases, you need to pick a role and understand it won’t be ideal for the other setup.

If I average everything and pick something in the middle that will work with both configurations, I’m thinking something in a lower magnification range.

* 2.5-20 Nightforce NX8
    * The Eotech is nice and compact. Just seems like a lot of magnification for the 308 barrel.
    * Any number of 3-18, 3-15 optics from Vortex, Athlon, Steiner, Bushnell, Leupold, etc.
    * Vortex Gen III 1-10x could be an awesome option here as well.

• soymilkftw

Vortex razors 4.5-27 go for about 1500-1600 used. 2k new

Are you looking for new or used? You could probably grab a used s&b or nightforce

• buzzn2000

Leupold Mark V

Reply to: Steven
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now