Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Fishing Fly Fishing PSA…..pinch the damn barb when your tying your flys! I was fishing for bluegill, didn’t double check, caught my personal BEST! 245LB souther moron! drank six beers and pulled that bitch out.

• PSA…..pinch the damn barb when your tying your flys! I was fishing for bluegill, didn’t double check, caught my personal BEST! 245LB souther moron! drank six beers and pulled that bitch out.

Luna updated 1 month, 1 week ago 2 Members · 20 Posts
  • Luna

September 15, 2021 at 3:08 pm

PSA…..pinch the damn barb when your tying your flys! I was fishing for bluegill, didn’t double check, caught my personal BEST! 245LB souther moron! drank six beers and pulled that bitch out.

• kevin4too

Are you familiar with the loop method?

• InterestingEconomics

Gotta go barbless

• SaltyTyer

Sunglasses and a long sleeve shirt…
    I fish long 3 Nymph rigs in the wind, I have some memories of beaded wooleys hitting me in the forehead!

• jdaffron

also, the bully bugger patter kills as a high sub surface fly

• nativeaquaponics

That just gave me the strangest idea…Tie a fly on a couple of nipple rings. Yup.

• tulsasweetpea

Well, I caught my GSP’s “coin sack”….in a back cast

• paulybuc

I started a forward stroke on a double haul just as a gust of wind kicked up. Pierced my ear lobe clean with a Guide Intruder with size 1/0 hook. The barb was pinched, but it was still a pain in the ass to remove.

• laneroadred

Good hook set!

• Warbl_Garbl

My worst incident involved a size 1/0 popper, a lot of wind and the back of my head. Thank God for pliers.

• Great-Landscape9371

You sum bitch, again

• DippStarr

Pro Tip:

Get a friend to brace the hooked arm so that you can focus on yanking the hook out yourself with one fast pull. It’s not elegant, but it has gotten a treble out of my hand before without too much fuss.

• stretch415

Just hooked back of my arm last weekend. Pushed through and snipped with side cutters.

• KingCwispy

My favorite part is the six beers to pull out that tiny ass hook. I’ll give you kudos for going another hour with it in you and I wont lie, even a hook that small still stings like a mother, but come on man pull that sucker out rub some dirt on it, walk it off, whatever your dad used to tell you so you can save your beer to enjoy after you get off the water. And for crying out loud, pinch your barbs down brother!

• CoxStain

SIX BEERS? I could yank a triple barbed lure outa my sack and barley notice. Imverybaddass

Viewing 1 - 15 of 20 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now