Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Firearm and Gun Forums Firearm and Gun Forums Firearms So My Gun Blew Up… Chiappa 1911-22 Fail

• So My Gun Blew Up… Chiappa 1911-22 Fail

Nick updated 11 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Nick

December 13, 2019 at 11:47 am

• Jarred Cross

December 13, 2019 at 11:47 am

Update to my last comment. Yes u have to hold the gun firmly to oust any cyclical issues. I'm a farmer on a huge dairy farm.. And the chiappa is my main firearm to put down cows that are beyond saving. I had the same issue.. But I was throwing the best ammo thru the gun. I swear by cci ammo.. But the stingers were just too much for the bushing to handle. I will try the red box super x after I fix mine.. They run at 12-1300 fps. To see if the gun can handle that. It could just mean that this gun is only made for mid grade ammo.. Cuz it jams the hell up on crap ammo

• Jarred Cross

December 13, 2019 at 11:48 am

What ammo were you using? Because I had the same happen to my chiapa. I was using cci stingers. My gunsmith told me the problem was using too hot of a load

• Scambone Hambone

Good Lord shut up and describe the malfunction.

• taylor overcash

I just shot one of these the other day and it’s actually pretty fun to shoot. Definitely had feeding issues unless I used CCI copper plated then it worked flawlessly

• D Pipes

The safety on mine broke while I was spinning it in my hands, and now the trigger is hard as hell to, well, trigger. Also, one time I cocked it back and as I released the slide, the hammer fell and fired… Luckily I was pointing at the ground, but still. Definitely not feeling good having this as my one real firearm :/

Also, yeah, lots of stovepipes. I had to grind down and oil the part of the chamber the round enters to get proper ejection.

• Cássio Augusto De Capua

Recomendo você comprar ou uma Colt ou uma GSG no mesmo calibre 22 lr

• Rafael Vázquez

Be honest is a pice shit gun make too much fails i put it on trash can

• Mike Swafford

I believe Kimber, Sig, and Walther have also made 1911 style .22 pistols, as well as the Chiappa and GSG models.

• cody wagaman

I bought this chiappa 1911-22 last year(2018). If I use the right ammunition it feeds and extracts perfect if you keep it oiled and clean. Although the one problem I have noticed is the polyester magazine. It tears easily and I’ve had to buy a new one recently. If they had steel mags I think it’d be a great gun.

• 1Skeptik1

That is NOT their target pistol.

• Dr. King Schultz

Browning makes tons of 1911-22's….

• Joe Maks

Exploding 1911’s! Classic

• John Appleman

Same thing happened to me during a pistol permit class. Thankfully I saw this video a year ago and when the student said it wasn't feeding right, I was able to look at it, rack the slide, felt something bind and told the student the gun was done. Within 10 rounds it shot the guts out the front.

• Jim May

Yes you DONE your research on the pistol.. What you SHOULD have done was research on how to Reassemble a gun back together the right way BEFORE shooting it. So its a magazine issue. I have a mag that I have to pull out and 1 that free falls like my Beretta I live with it. I will keep buying these pistols they shoot as good as Higher Priced pistols

• Glenn Coombs

I have the exact same problem on my Chiappa. I've noticed that parts are quite cheap and obtainable in the US but you just can't get anything whatsoever here in Australia. For a part that's priced at 99c (US), I would happily pay lot's more than it's worth if I could get it posted here. All stores in the US are banned from sending parts out to Australia…..just can't get 'em. If anyone could suggest a solution, I would be more than happy to hear and even pay for the result !!!!! For God sake, the part I need doesn't even look like a gun part.

• Azteca380 Shooting team México

Si I see that from 2012 to 2018 Chiappa has not done much improvement to this pistol, my barrel bushing just got stuck today and it is so hard to pull it out that I’m afraid it will break somehow, I saw what is wrong with the bushing but I was expecting to last longer than 800 rounds, so many issues with this pistol, very dissapointing.

• Corey Franklin

Sorry yours exploded, I still got mine. I must have fired it about five times, I fire all my guns five times. Then they are just conversation Peace's! Lol… Good video

• ESTE D

Chaippa rhino turd

• nicholas ballinger

I put over 1000 round in mine with no problem .

• Manipulus Lux

what a piece of shit

• JayzBeerz

to add it's aluminum not steel

• JayzBeerz

chiappa makes some garbage firearms and this is one of them. save your money people.

• daniel negron

I'll buy the gun if you still have it

• bubba fernandes

so compras merda

• VRebeLX RustBucket

renamed it to Cheappoo

• Mrmaxiron Iron

December 13, 2019 at 11:49 am

thank God for YouTube.
    and to think I almost purchased one of this just today.
    came here for some reviews.
    and blah!!!!!
    no way José.

• JEDI MORMON

WOW NO THANKS RUGER FOR ME. GUNS SHOULD NOT BREAK. A 22LR SHOULD NEVER BREAK LOL

• Gerald Swain

YAW………………………N….get to the point!!!.

• Ryan Dangler

I got rid of mine after about 600 rounds. Damn thing had failure to eject all the time. Cool looking .22lr pistol. But damn what a let down.

• MrNedsaabdickerson

Yeah around round 2,000 mine did the same thing. Mine disintegrated after 5,000 rounds. The barrel liner wore out!

• David Hooper

I had the exact same failure on my Chiappa .22..In my case I just purchased a replacement barrel bush & all was good. But yes it is a real pain having to search the range for your bits & pieces

• bray dennison

where could I get a barrel bushing for the puma 1911 22 alot of places are out of stock mine has done the same thing

• Fun2 Drive

From what I could see that looks like sintered metal which if properly manufactured will last. Many call this pot metal which is just what those that don't deal in metallurgy call it.
    Like to see the repaired weapon.

• geo land

I like mine the sights are excellent and accurate but mine had a small mechanical issue. For the price can''t expect a whole lot.. On mine it shoots good after filling a little off the top of the plastic slide so it does not drag against the slide. Looks like the bushing was not seated in proper location on yours.

• Jerry Ericsson

Thanks for the video. Blew up is a sort of misnomer for the problem though, I have had guns blow up, first usually it hurts like hell, had one .22 Magnum semi auto rifle that blew up on a failure to feed, blew the magazine out the bottom and my hand that was nearby smarted for about a week. Proper name should be broke or something like that as it was simply a matter of a broken barrel bushing. I wonder if a standard .45ACP bushing would fit? Looking at the results, that was made of pot metel instead of steel , some sort of casting probably. A good indication of the care that went into the manufacture of that firearm. I am looking for something like that myself, so I really do appreciate the heads up on this unit. Love the looks of it, and perhaps if a fellow replaced the dodgy bushing and slide release with some old surplus parts from a 1911 it may make a fairly decent gun. Probably wouldn't fit but a nice idea anyhow. I think perhaps a Nelson conversion will be my goal instead of a full firearm now that I have seen the results. Reminds me of the Chinese clones of just about everything, they simply make it so it will work out of the box with no plans for the future. Made for the guy who will buy the gun, take it to the range a couple of times then keep it in the closet till his son is old enough to get it in the will.

• Raymond Kelly

just the facts man just the facts we don't need long   story

• Nick Jacobs

Dude ive seen better quality parts on aursoft guns

• deki r

That happened to me with my GSG 1911 22lr conversion kit that I am using on my regular 1911.
    they sent me free replacement

• Smokeless1167

Some models made in Germany have had problems too. Cheaper than hell alloys and poor design. A dedicated targef .22 is the way to go! Save the 1911 choice for centerfire,

• rtradu

Well, "chiappa" in italian means "cheek", i guess the producers of the gun meant cheek as in butt cheek……

• Ken Sabe

that nigga ricksta 😂

• Markd

bought one of these, as a second owner of a gun never fired. Could not get it disassembled due to poor quality, during the process hammer JAMMED up and couldn't be disassembled. Chiappa wanted 500$ to repair a 300$ new gun. Piece of crap. Avoid they don't support second owner!!!!!

• Jim Key

The age old phrase, "You get what you pay for." Accurately describes this pistol. I think this design started out as a BB gun or something . A bit of redesign produced this piece. The barrel bushing is made of pot metal. As was the recoil spring guide. either the gun or most of it's parts were produced in China. Pot metal would in my opinion hold up if it were american made, they use zinc, tin and antimony with a bit of lead. In China millionaires are made from skimping on material. They use zinc tin and antimony and dilute it with lead. The reason? Lead .75 per pound, zinc $1.00 per pound, antimony $3.00 per pound, Tin $7.00 per pound. For your gun I would think high ratios of Tin and Antimony would be used with a bit of lead for some ductility. You can see if a manufacturer produces 10,000 such items he can afford a couple of Mercedes as a bonus!

• Caleb Whittington

I want a browning 1911-22. An actual 1911 chambered in 22.

• Minor Bob

get to the point

• Jeffrey Nelson

When viewed from the front, the metal looks very thin.  The barrel bushing is probably a pot metal alloy.  Buy a Walther.

• Jack J. Smith

IF you are American you dont have to speak Italian Stupido!

Reply to: Nick
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now