Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Firearm and Gun Forums Firearm and Gun Forums Firearms Shotguns Thoughts on 12g Beretta A400 Xplor for 18th birthday gift from my father?

• Thoughts on 12g Beretta A400 Xplor for 18th birthday gift from my father?

Tony updated 10 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Tony

December 17, 2019 at 2:08 am

My father has told me that on my 18th birthday I can pick a new shotgun to use myself. I have used friends’ a400s before and they worked really well, but I am curious if anybody has strong opinions on them. It would be used for trap, ducks, geese, pheasant, and quail. Any feedback is welcome. Thanks.

• Hungry-for-Apples789

Wow that’s a nice gift.

• Sleeveless9

A400 is a fine gun. Do you need a 3.5″ gun? 3″ magnum loads cover the top end of my needs, but everyone is different. My preference would be an inertia gun in either scenario.

• maddslacker

If it fits you well, the a400 is probably **the** best all around shotgun ever made.

You need to look your dad in the eye, shake his hand, and thank him sincerely!!

• AccountGotBanned

It’s a fine shotgun. If it’s your only gun and you ever want to wrap it in neoprene and take it turkey or even deer hunting once in a blue moon, get the model with the dovetail rails for a scope. The Action model I think. The xplor unico doesn’t have them.

• noonelikesbadjokes

great choice

• Hornberg

Got one earlier this year, very happy with it!

Reply to: Tony
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now