Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Firearm and Gun Forums Firearm and Gun Forums Hunting Hunting Videos Traditional Bow Hunting 2019 Highlights

• Traditional Bow Hunting 2019 Highlights

TaraB updated 1 year, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • TaraB

December 12, 2019 at 11:32 am

• spillsy33

awsome footage , great to see you out hunting with your boys , reminds of going hunting with my dad and his mates over here in australia , some of my fondest memories

• Blake Umthun

The wolf footage was amazing, but the blown stalk was my favorite video. I had the feeling of being on pins and needles when the original video 1st came out.

• buellosaurusrex

That's the way it's done. Hats off to you, Clay.

• Court McFarland

I don't want to pick just one love them all but I really enjoyed you with your son shooting at hogs. Reminds me of watching my youngest while he took his first whitetail at age 9 while in the same treestand that I was in. He is now 25 and is an avid bowhunter. All of your video's are great just keep posting.

• ROCKY Ridge

What a great job your doing teaching the next generation how to really work for your food .keep the videos coming .

• Joseph Underwood

My man here has the best traditional archery channel on YouTube. Thanks Clay.

• theguyinmaine

Just found your channel, first video right here. Stalking that big buck was great. He got just a touch of wind it looked like. So close. Really respect the work you put in tracking and retrieving that cow elk. Nice job.

• Anon Ymous

Hunt and Stalk. Just like my family taught me when I was a kid, plaid camo and all. No need for "fake tree" camo the way a deer's eyes work. Nicely done, Clay. He's still out there watching for you.

• Robert Johnson

December 12, 2019 at 11:33 am

Clay, I can only attribute your success on that elk to pure experience.  I hate the idea of wounding an animal and not being able to find it.  You pressed on and found her.  Props to you man!  Truly demonstrates your respect for the animal.

• Cody Senter

Hey man love the video. I was wondering what kind of bow do you have i was looking into getting one

• Merritt Horsmon

Like them all… your videos are amazing. Waiting impatiently until the next one. If I had to choose it would be watching your son… reminds me of my own.
    Keep up the good work Clay!

• Dan Basham

I really enjoy watching you teach the kids. The look of discovery on a child's face is priceless.

• randyhermann1

I love the deer videos. Especially with camp footage included. Kinda how we do it up here in Alberta.

• Bob Jackson

I love it, "Big guy", @ time stamp 1:44 Takes charge on the Stalk. There is Nothing Better in the World, then going Hunting when they were That age. They were such Magical Times. Thanks for Sharing. Realy brought back some Happy Times. All my kids are Grown up now. Be safe & have Fun. Bob & Darcy Jackson, Papillion Nebraska

• Larry Reese

Couldn't make a choice. Enjoyed all of them. Just looking for more of the same. Take care and good luck to you. You've got a great life. I'll have to say though that that green persimmon was a dirty trick. Have you shown him what a ripe one tastes like or is he still gun shy?

• DamnTrue

My god the wolf footage! If I’d seen something like that I’d be crying with joy for an hour

• Bill McKechnie

Will say the enthusiasm of youth always makes videos enjoyable. I know as an Idaho resident I'm supposed to despise wolves, but that was some fantastic footage of a beautiful animal. Keep up the great work.

• david maclean

Watching this video brought to mind two memories from long ago.
    The first was the persimmon. My wife had a cousin who was a bit of a prankster. He came to our farm for a visit one time and we decided to treat him to an under-ripe persimmon. I pointed out to my wife that for the trick to work one of us had to pretend to like the persimmon. As he was her cousin, she should be the one to also eat some. The look on his face as he screwed up his mouth while she smacked her lips was priceless.
    The second was with wolves coursing a deer. There was a ridge running across the farm that deer travelled along. They would cut from one side to the other through a low area, I would call it a saddle. I'd set up a tree stand at this spot. One evening, while on stand, a deer came running along on the other side of the ridge. It was pretty heavy going for the deer as there were plenty of blowdowns on that side. About 30 seconds later, a wolf comes running along my side of the ridge and cuts through the saddle. About 20 seconds later, another wolf does the same. Maybe 30 seconds later, a 3/4 size pup shows up and goes through. A training session for the youngster? I like to think so. They never knew I was there as they never broke stride even as I whistled to see if they would stop and give me a shot. That evening was worth a double single-malt scotch, one for the deer that I hoped outdistanced the wolves and one for the wolves for showing me a little bit of their character.
    Thanks for the reminder of two past events from the times on that farm.

• C A

December 12, 2019 at 11:34 am

I love them all, but getting that close to a giant whitetail buck is a feat in itself.. keep on! Chris, your Idaho neighbor.

• Jamin Davis

10:53 totally felt that. I’ve worked three years to basically teach myself how to hunt, from YouTube and reading articles and talking to locals at bow shops. This year I had 3 opportunities, and all three I messed up, my first ever deer I flung an arrow at I hit high, with my recurve and never found her. Second deer I missed with my compound, third deer I hit with my compound and when I took up the track almost two hours later she was still alive. I ended up backing out and due to heavy rain that night I never found her, even though I grid searched almost a half around that whole area. It sucks when you know you made a bad shot. Glad you found that elk though. Love the videos and how much you teach.

• Torey Young

Sorry man, I love your videos great seeing out with your boys, but you letting that wolf walk by and just videoing it not doing your part bro!

Reply to: TaraB
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now