Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Firearm and Gun Forums Firearm and Gun Forums Ammunition Wholesale .308 Hunting Ammunition – GECO 308 Calibre Range Review

• Wholesale .308 Hunting Ammunition – GECO 308 Calibre Range Review

JRthe3 updated 11 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • JRthe3

December 14, 2019 at 5:32 am

• Chawka S

PPU ammo is a piece of s**t!
    Can't get normal group within 3 rifles.
    Cleaning barrel after PPU is impossible mision! Like cleaning a wooden stove.
    Atm on Geco Plus. Ok ammo for price. Ok groups, bonded, devastating on foxes and other small game. Perfect for wild boars and mid game.
    But only 1 objection…German precision? Hmmm, not exactly!!
    Be avare of different or bad bullet bedding!
    In 2 boxes, same LOT, 2 bullets with lower bedding and ofc bad results.
    Can be felt when you closing bolt or by eye inspection in comparison to other bullets in same box.
    One more thing: LOT!
    I experienced HUGE difference between Geco Plus LOTs!!
    Almost every time needed good new zeroing to acomplish good result.
    Max deviation I experienced with old zeroed LOT and new one (without zeroing) is almost 25 cm!!!! That aberration is HUGE!
    But still best buy bullet.
    Federal is also good with less deviation btw LOTs but too expensive.

• The_Picus _Viridis_Killer

Different ammo behave differently in different guns, and the same ammo can behave very different in another gun of the same fabricate and model. I hunt with a 6.5×55 and I am using factoryloaded PPU Partizan SP 156gr. My groupings with them is approcimatly 1.5cm (if not even less) at 120m. I have been hunting with Norma Vulkan also, but while zeroing in the Vulkan, I got way worse groupings then with the PPU SP.

• Jesse Reynolds

Thanks heaps for this video. I have the same howa in .308 and was wondering why it was shooting bad with PMC bronze. Didnt realise how much different ammo affected accuracy. Heaps of good info, will try the geco. Thanks again!

• Jim Silva

Wow your ammo is expensive in NZ. Here in Hawaii I pay 14.00 dollars a box of ppu and in the mid 20s for all the rest (except geco) I have not seen geco here yet. We do have expensive ammo in 308 but not what you showed, the ones you showed are the cheaper ones. Hawaii is one of the most expensive states to live so in the mainland 308 most be way cheaper.

• Rapha .El

Nice Video! I got a rifle a year ago and I'm still looking for the right ammo, the best it did so far was just above 2 inches with the Hornady American Whitetail (the rifle is a 1970 Ruger M77 in 308). I'm gonna try out the Express and the Teilmantel next, I hope that those will finally work. Greetings from Germany!

• ESRA HANSEN OUTDOORS AND SELF RELIANCE

great vid man keep it up

Reply to: JRthe3
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now