Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Firearm and Gun Forums Firearm and Gun Forums Firearms No more confederate flags at 2A events! Reply To: No more confederate flags at 2A events!

• DrewPeacock98

January 26, 2023 at 12:04 am

I think it primarily has to do with the fact that it’s been around for so long. Most people who fly it don’t realize it’s about racism. It’s become a country boy thing rather than a racist thing. Southern pride not white supremacy, white pride I could see. But there is a thing as black pride and Latin pride, there’s nothing wrong with pride. But yeah racism is wrong just people are misinformed and many times people attack them for it. Like that video of the guy pulling up to do some work for a black couple. He was refused work because he had that flag on the back of his truck and he looked extremely confused as to why, because he doesn’t see it as a racist symbol but a southern pride symbol. Misinformation and miscommunication. I don’t fly the flag and I see how at one point in time it was definitely a race thing, but times change and meanings change. Gay used to mean happy and now it means homosexual. Regardless, hate doesn’t help the situation from either side. Just my two cents that nobody cares about.