Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Firearm and Gun Forums Firearm and Gun Forums Ammunition Cranky Gun Reviews Classic Beretta “Cheetah” 85BB from ClassicFirearms.com Reply To: Cranky Gun Reviews Classic Beretta “Cheetah” 85BB from ClassicFirearms.com

• Dennis Wilson

January 26, 2023 at 12:50 am

I was thinking hard about getting one of these from Classic for several months. What stopped me was I just didn't want to buy sight unseen and then have to go through a dealer even though i found one that only charges $15. I himmed and hawed until they finally went out of stock. I have always used gun shows or local stores except I have bought some off of Armslist, but only from sellers that lived nearby so I could examine the gun first. Yesterday I went to a gun show and found a dealer that had 4 to choose from, all very good. The price was $380 including tax. After checking out the current price of .380 ammo I said no and went home. I have over 100 rounds of .380 that I bought for my PPK long ago. After deciding not to put a bunch of rounds through it until ammo comes down, which probably won't be anytime soon, I drove back. I bought a new 92FS at that same gun show a couple months ago so I expected to like handling the 85bb too. It's a smooth little gun and right now I am happy I went back. I will be even happier went ammo comes back down. Fortunately I have piles of reloads, just not in .380.