Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Ammunition Reloading Help setting up dies .38/.357 Guys I just picked up these dies from and friend. It’s been forever since I set up dies and I can’t remember how to set these up. Help would be appreciated. Reloading using a RCBS Rockchucker. In what order do I use these dies as well? Reply To: Help setting up dies .38/.357 Guys I just picked up these dies from and friend. It’s been forever since I set up dies and I can’t remember how to set these up. Help would be appreciated. Reloading using a RCBS Rockchucker. In what order do I use these dies as well?

• a30156

July 11, 2021 at 7:07 pm

Insert the decapper into the size die.
    You will need to adjust the depth it is sticking out.

Use the sizer first. This sizes the case and pokes the old primer out.
    Next you will put a new primer in. That tool is not visible.
    Next you will put powder in the case. You should get a reloading manual for the appropriate recipes.
    Next put a bullet on top of the case that has a new primer and powder charge. Use the seat die to push the bullet into the case. You will need to adjust the seat depth of the bullet for the specific recipe you are loading.
    Finally, you may want to use the crimp die. For heavier recoiling loads, you will want more crimp.

However, it looks to me like you would do yourself a great deal of good to get a loading manual, like Speer or Sierra or Hornady.

In fact I will say you will do yourself a great disservice if you don’t buy a manual.