Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Hunting Guest here Reply To: Guest here

• MamboNumber5Guy

July 11, 2021 at 7:24 pm

Frankly, if you hunt for food you are responsible for less animal deaths than vegans anyways. An elk or moose has about 1mil calories. To farm that much caloric intake and nutritional value in legumes, vegetables or fruits kills about 1.5 animals.

The farmer who grows your food eradicated every pest on his land. Combine harvesters kill loads of rodents and ground nesting birds. Hell, even fertilizer is made from ground up animals.

Personally, I consider a life a life and don’t weigh the value of an elk over a wild pig that is shot because he is eating someone’s crop.

Many vegans have some sort of delusion that they are somehow living a cruelty free lifestyle. That isn’t necessarily the case, and in terms of harm to animals it’s not as simple as “meat is bad.” It’s a convoluted topic which I have thought a lot about. If you want to eat, things have to die. It’s just the way it is. I choose to not take the out of sight out of mind approach and choose to be responsible for my own impact, and that is why I try to hunt for the majority of my meat, or buy from a reputable free range rancher.