Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Fishing Kayak Fishing Anyone with experience trolling with rods behind their kayak? I can’t bring my fishing yak to my in laws’ cottage, so I had to modify their rec kayaks I bought them. I’ve been using rear view mirrors and setting my drag really light so I can catch the hits, can’t put the rods in front. Any advice? Reply To: Anyone with experience trolling with rods behind their kayak? I can’t bring my fishing yak to my in laws’ cottage, so I had to modify their rec kayaks I bought them. I’ve been using rear view mirrors and setting my drag really light so I can catch the hits, can’t put the rods in front. Any advice?

• soup_flikkker

July 12, 2021 at 12:05 am

Yup, regularly troll with the rods behind. I know what I’m fishing for and set the drag so they can hit it, but still let line after. You have to paddle slow though. I found most of my hits (bass) were when I stopped paddling, grabbed a drink, and continued. So now I paddle a couple times, stop, paddle, stop. Which seems to work well. If I miss a hit, ill paddle away and cast back. Sometimes ill catch em.