Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Firearm and Gun Forums Firearm and Gun Forums News Gun Owners of the USA Reply To: Gun Owners of the USA

• comrade-alexinov

January 26, 2020 at 3:17 pm

SWISS system for background checks.

Beef up the NICS budget, people that “fall through the cracks” are a direct results of not having enough hours to investigate people that are prohibited persons but at a local or state level and getting their information requires cutting through local and state red tape.

Beef up mental health and nationally outlaw red flag laws. Empower people to get help, even it requires a temporary observation in a hospital without fear of losing their right to defend themselves.

Promote a national conceal carry license that requires free (or tax deductible) training courses on handling weapons, defusing situations, and handling personal crisis situations when you are a gun owner. Train people to feel empowered to say “you know what, I’m not in the right state of mind right now to have a firearm in my possession, and I need to get some counseling or go for a drive/blow off steam”.

Empower minority communities to arm themselves. LGBT/Black/Hispanic/etc. especially in POC communities, frequently just the criminals are armed.