Today we are going to discuss Hoyt compound bows and discover where to find a comprehensive online resource about them. After reading this article you will know much more about this manufacturer and where to look for Hoyt bows for sale, reviews, ratings, specs, videos, price comparisons, and more. Let's start with discussing some interesting facts about Hoyt bows and finish with unveiling one of the best online resources about them.
1. Quick history & facts
Shortly after Hoyt Archery was created in 1942, the company started gaining a lot of popularity among shooters worldwide. Hoyt always remained one of the top bow manufacturers ever since. At the moment Hoyt Archery is based in the Salt Lake City in the United States. The company manufactures a lot of quality bows for different types of archery including hunting, 3D shooting, and competition shooting. Although Hoyt tends to stick to tried and true designs while changing their technologies gradually, every now and then they come up with some great and innovative technological solutions that are highly recognized by experts and consumers.
2. Hoyt technologies & achievements
Being a huge bow manufacturer, Hoyt have come up with a number of unique technologies – a few dedicated articles would be needed to describe all of them. So, let's just have a quick look at some of the famous Hoyt technologies.
* Eccentric systems – the Z3 cam system is one of the best technologies Hoyt ever came up with. While a number of new cams have been designed since the Z3 was released, shooters keep saying it's one of the best cams on the market.
* Limbs – Hoyt is known to manufacture quality limbs. They even came up with a unique testing mechanism aimed to prove their limbs can withstand a minimum of 1000 dry-fires.
* Risers – Over the years Hoyt manufactured many different types of quality risers. Interestingly, they recently came up with a new carbon riser technology that allowed them to further improve the quality of their bows. This technology really stands out and allows Hoyt to be classified as one of the most innovative bow manufacturing companies.
3. Popularity & customer feedback
With a huge range of quality compound bows suitable for different usage scenarios, Hoyt is a very popular bow manufacturer worldwide. A lot of shooters across the globe adore the quality of bows manufactured by Hoyt. Without a doubt this brand is highly recognized in the archery industry. So, if you want to get a quality product, Hoyt is one of the best companies to consider. However, don't forget that there are many other great brands that manufacture quality rigs nowadays. Once you understand what kind of bow you need (how you want to use it) try to shoot as many rigs as you can before making your choice.
4. Hoyt product range – from youth to competition bows
Hoyt Archery manufactures compound bows for all types of shooters (youth / women / men) and usages (hunting, 3D shooting, competition shooting).
* Hoyt youth bows – The Banshee, Trykon Junior, and Rintec are all high-quality youth bows. While these rigs are not suitable for little kids due to their higher poundage, many older children will enjoy shooting them.
* Hoyt bows for women – Although it's not always possible to differentiate "women bows" from other rigs because everyone's body / form is different, the following Hoyt models are very popular among ladies (can also be used by the youth or smaller frame men) : Trykon Sport, Kobalt, Rintec, Vicxen. It is important to note that while the aforementioned bows have ideal specs for average female shooter, there are many other Hoyt bows suitable for ladies. It really depends on the form and archery type (hunting / 3D / competition). For example, some ladies shoot the UltraTec and UltraElite models because they are mainly involved in competition shooting.
* Hoyt competition bows – The Hoyt UltraElite, ProElite, and AlphaElite are all great competition bows that are designed with target archers in mind. All these bows are very good for competition shooting due to their longer axle-to-axle and brace height. While the "Ultra" line bows have shorter brace height and are quicker, the "Pro" line bows are known for longer brace height and are more forgiving. With such differences, it is up to the archer to choose the one that suits their shooting style better.
* Hoyt hunting / 3D shooting bows – Over the last few years, the Alphamax, Maxxis, and CRX Hoyt bow lines have become extremely popular among hunters / 3D shooters due to their great shooting characteristics. At the same time both Carbon Matrix and Carbon Element bows represent the new breed of Hoyt rigs utilizing carbon riser technology. Also, the Hoyt Alphaburner is a very popular bow among speed bow fans. While all these bows are relatively new (at the moment of writing), don't forget about older hunting and 3D shooting rigs that are still extremely popular despite being discontinued (a good example would be the Hoyt Katera XL)
Obviously this is not a comprehensive list of the most popular Hoyt bows. A lot of other Hoyt bow models are also very popular amount archers and hunters.
5. Which Hoyt bow should I get?
In our opinion the process of selecting the most suitable Hoyt bow is different for experienced archers and beginners. Before we get started, keep in mind, that the below recommendations will work for any other bow manufacturer. So, if you are brand agnostic you should shoot as many bows (manufactured by different brands) as you can before deciding on which rig to get.
* Beginners should take preliminary steps before they choose their first Hoyt compound bow. Ideally, they should take a crash course on shooting compound bows to understand a few crucial concepts: shootability (smooth and fast bows, vibration, hand shock), technologies (eccentric systems, grips, limbs, etc.), and other essential aspects. After that new archers should try to shoot as many different bows as possible to get an idea on what is the best kind of bow for them. Once these preliminary steps have been taken, beginners should follow the selection process for experienced archers described below.
* Experienced archers often don't need to go through the basics principles of shooting compound bows. Normally such archers know how they will be using their bow (hunting, target, or recreational shooting) and what kind of rig they need. What's more, seasoned shooters often know the exact bow specifications they are looking for. For such people, the process should involve: filtering non-matching bows and only selecting the most suitable Hoyt bows; exploring consumer reviews, ratings, and expert opinions, and comparing prices on the selected Hoyt compound bows.
6. Great online resource about Hoyt compound bows
Although selecting the best Hoyt bow is a very time consuming process, the good news is there is a great online resource that helps to save a lot of time and delivers a unique set of tools for selecting the most suitable compound bow manufactured by Hoyt or any other brand. This website contains a lot of useful information about Hoyt compound bows including: a unique bow selector & comparator with flexible search capability, reviews & ratings, specs, videos, price comparisons, and other interesting information about compound bows.